28 October 2009

Tuna confusion

I was in the Firehouse kitchen making something to eat when Rick walked in.


"Whatcha making?" he asks.


"A tuna sandwich.  You want one?"  I ask.

" I need to shower first," he says.  (He just got back from a call).  "I'll make one when I am done."



He goes to the showers and I finish making my sandwich.  Luca, my cat, smells the tuna and is meowing.  I look at the clock and it is one hour before his scheduled feeding time.  I tell him he has to wait but I give him a chunk of my sandwich anyway.


About 20 minutes later a call comes in and I have to leave the Station.  When I return, I go to the kitchen to feed Luca.  It is an hour past his feeding time and he is not happy at all.  I can't find his food.  It was a small container of Meow Mix I had left on the counter.  I look everywhere and can't find it.   I open another container of tuna and feed him that and he is happy and purring.  Still, I am wondering what happened to his food.  I KNOW I left it on the counter.


Rick is in the living room and I ask if he ate yet.  He said yes but he didn't really like the tuna sandwich he made.


"I don't like the albacore tuna you got.  I prefer the chunk light tuna," he says.

"I didn't buy albacore," I said.



"Well, whatever you got, I didn't really like it much," he says.


I go back to the kitchen and see Luca's Meow Mix container in the recycle bin.


I went back to the living room and ask Rick, "Are you wearing your contacts?"


He says no.  Geeeez.  He really should be!  And NO WONDER he didn't like the tuna sandwich he made.  He just ate Luca's food! 

I set the two containers together and realized the mistake he could have made.  But who am I to tell him???? 



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is too funny! I bet Rick will know after reading this blog and he is gonna be mad as heck ;-)

blacx52 said...

To paraphrase Frank Zappa, "Just don't eat that yellow tuna."

Anonymous said...

Ewwwwww..... :S

Becca

Anonymous said...

The photo truly brings it home. : ) Sue

Anonymous said...

Hee hee.. serves Rick right after all he has done to you (even if unintentionally!) We know he is a great guy but there is a time even the greatest man had to "be brought down to earth" and I guess he did this on his own. Does he KNOW yet???