20 April 2008

Stand Behind Me

I will be the first to say that I would stand behind any of my men at any moment, under any circumstance. They are my brothers. We look out for each other. We work so closely together that we know each other's "moves" and can even predict those moves in a building when we are blinded by smoke and flames. We depend on each other for our lives. It is how it is in the Firehouse.

And yet, there is ONE time I refuse to stand behind ANY of them. You never know when those moments are. They can sneak up on you like a fast moving storm. You always have to be on your guard so you aren't caught in that trap. And they plan it so well.


It is my reason for swearing to myself that I will ALWAYS remain one step ahead of them just so not to be caught in one of those "moments." I ended up buying a shirt off Ebay that "says it all." That shirt is on the bulletin board in our main hall as a constant reminder of who they are and who I refuse to be.

;-)


No other words are needed to explain. The photo says it all.




No comments: