05 March 2008

SUPERGLUE

One morning I was getting dressed into my uniform in the Firehouse. It figures..... the alarms would call us to duty.... and the button on my pants would pop off. I grabbed the Superglue from the counter and glued my button back on. It would hold until we got back from this call and I could sew it back on properly.

I forgot about the button over the next three hours that we were out in the field for various, non-emergency calls.

Upon returning to the Station, I had to pee really bad (I didn't get to go BEFORE we went on our calls). It was then that I realized Superglue is great stuff until it GOES WRONG. In the bathroom, I couldn't unbutton my pants. I tried in desperation but was unsuccessful. Seems the Superglue went through all the layers of fabric..... EVEN to my underwear. I was in a terrible predicament.

I called my partner, Rick, to help me. Not only was the button securely attached to my pants.... my pants were securely attached to my underwear.... and my underwear was securely attached to the skin on my belly.
Rick tried to pull the fabric away but even HE was unsuccessful.

(
I honestly believe you cannot be efficient when you are laughing your head off at something!)

I really had to pee.

I was desperate. I ended up cutting my pants off at the waistband. I swear.... I "wore" that darn button on my stomach for the next few days until I was able to pry it off.

No one will allow me to use Superglue anymore.

:-(((




No comments: